Abingdon District Darts League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting at Abingdon Darts League Meeting

3 posters

Go down

Voting at Abingdon Darts League Meeting Empty Voting at Abingdon Darts League Meeting

Post  171 out Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:37 am

I have sent Greg an email saying the way voting is done at meeting is wrong and would like to propose a change in the way it is done, i have looked at meetings & agms how to vote on the web. It states that all payed up members are entitled to a vote we all pay £4 to play in the darts league and are payed up members of the league so why should'nt we get a individual vote.I know it is in the rules that we play by now & the committee want to keep it the same in the new rules but this rule is wrong i think you will find that Dave Headford brought this rule in to stop the Shear's from Wantage taking over a meeting. We all want the league to run smoothly and as Greg has said(i still believe the rules must be followed).
Every one that turns up at a meeting should get a vote these are the people that care about the way the league is run and as the voting stands now they are not getting their vote.
Come on committee change the voting rule to the way it should be ,or are you scared that the real people who care how the league will vote you off as committee members. Sad affraid affraid affraid

171 out

Back to top Go down

Voting at Abingdon Darts League Meeting Empty Re: Voting at Abingdon Darts League Meeting

Post  TweetTwoo Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:25 am

Sounds a good idea as long as it does not get rail roaded.. What if a team has 20 players signed on how easy would it be to get things done then???...

And vote me off, I'm not bothered if it’s going to be like this every year. How the rest of the committee have coped the past few years is beyond me. We all want the same thing to play darts and be happy.. I’m not happy and this crap is doing me in. Its a constant battle between the same people and its boring.

I spoke to a close friend of mine this morning who is playing in both sets of comps at the Tap, He said it doesn’t bother me, it’s at the Tap so be it. Up until that I was going to jack it all in today but instead I’ll just sit back and wait to be voted off. And yeah thinking about it two weeks in a row is not right, never mind the prices and can it hold 32 rubbish, yes it could be moved but not fair on the people who don’t live on the web site.

TweetTwoo

Back to top Go down

Voting at Abingdon Darts League Meeting Empty Re: Voting at Abingdon Darts League Meeting

Post  171 out Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:26 am

TweetTwoo wrote:Sounds a good idea as long as it does not get rail roaded.. What if a team has 20 players signed on how easy would it be to get things done then???...

And vote me off, I'm not bothered if it’s going to be like this every year. How the rest of the committee have coped the past few years is beyond me. We all want the same thing to play darts and be happy.. I’m not happy and this crap is doing me in. Its a constant battle between the same people and its boring.

I spoke to a close friend of mine this morning who is playing in both sets of comps at the Tap, He said it doesn’t bother me, it’s at the Tap so be it. Up until that I was going to jack it all in today but instead I’ll just sit back and wait to be voted off. And yeah thinking about it two weeks in a row is not right, never mind the prices and can it hold 32 rubbish, yes it could be moved but not fair on the people who don’t live on the web site.
Chill out Sarah have some cheese you said sounds good the idea of one vote per person ..What if a team has 20 players signed on how easy would it be to get things done then. Well Sarah it would mean that they care enough to turn up and vote on what issues are brought up, you say yes it could be moved but its not fair on the people who don't live on the web site, what about the change of date of the AGM that is on the web? or will a letter be sent to every team telling them that it has been changed.You said two weeks in a row is not right so change it you are the only one who can.As for not being happy and this crap is doing you in im sorry it comes with the job but i think Sarah you have made a rod for your own back.So Sarah if you feel that you cant do the job of competition secretary with out anybody commenting on the way you are doing it step down I can remember you saying or just play at a venue BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD THE EVENT it works well for the ladies you said this on the 9th may 2009 what has changed(pass the cheese please Sarah)

171 out

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystery Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Sarah, as long as you play the comps at the place that 171 out suggests your job should be plain sailing.

Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down