Abingdon District Darts League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-season build up

2 posters

Go down

Pre-season build up Empty Pre-season build up

Post  Spartan117 Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:53 am

Fixtures are now out with the Boundary House & Punchbowl promoted to Premier and with Stocks Bar B, White Horse B and Spread Eagle B promoted to Section A.

As expected, bookies have made Cross Keys favorites to win the Premier (and top overall) with odds similar to a Phil Taylor win if he was playing Stephen Hawking. Brewery Tap, Prince Of Wales and College Oak may have something to say about that though and will be looking to provide a more sustained challenge this year. At the very least get off to storming starts since the Keys play their BYE first. Boundary House & Punchbowl will be looking to give a good account of themselves after their performances last year though the latters attention may be diverted slightly as they look to see how much grief they can give their new captain. Their starts are against familiar faces with the Red Lion and Kennington being the respective opponents so it's a Section A last season re-union.

Kennington SCC A are slight favourites to take the Section A title after narrowly missing out on the runners up spot last year with Red Lion & Midget B also in contention. Stocks Bar A will be looking to build on the momentum gained in the latter stages of last season. All eyes though are on the newly promoted teams. In particular how they adapt to the step up in quality and what the spread is like. No team will treat them lightly or be throwing them a "Welcome to the division" party mind. They have difficult starts though with all 3 taking on Premier Teams in their own back yard (think its some kind of rite of passage)

All in all its going to be another season of tungsten throwing, food chomping, beer drinking fun. May the best team win...............and by that I mean may my team win Razz

Spartan117

Back to top Go down

Pre-season build up Empty they will love that ...........not

Post  kevin jeacock Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:42 am

Nice prediction for the coming season i will think you will be getting a personal welcome from all the other teams when you visit them ........................lol Laughing

kevin jeacock

Back to top Go down

Pre-season build up Empty Re: Pre-season build up

Post  Spartan117 Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:59 am

kevin jeacock wrote:Nice prediction for the coming season i will think you will be getting a personal welcome from all the other teams when you visit them ........................lol Laughing
Oh I'm sure when people realise who I am a few words may be said Laughing

But given that its 1 point for every leg won, I just don't see anyone getting close to the Keys again this year. I hope I'm wrong, I hope its us (obviously) but whilst teams can win 5-4/6-3, the Keys rattle off 7-2/8-1 regularly.

Perhaps a change in the points system may help....... confused

Spartan117

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan117 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 am

The late entrance of College Oak B has thrown the teams finely tuned pre-season preparations into chaos as they now have to increase the fitness levels to cope with the extra game.

Spartan117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down