Abingdon District Darts League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DARTS ABINGDON

2 posters

Go down

DARTS ABINGDON Empty DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:28 am

HAS ANYONE READ MY MESSAGE I WOULD LIKE SOME FEED BACK ALSO WITH ONE PUB GETTING MOST OF THE COMPETITIONS SURELY THEY SHOULD BRING THERE PRICES INTO LINE WITH OTHER PUBS WHEN THEY HAVE A COMPETITION NIGHT AS ON NEXT MONDAY .I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT THE FEUD BET WEEN DAVE AND HOWARD IS GETTING BOREING GROW UP

whirlwind180

Back to top Go down

DARTS ABINGDON Empty Re: DARTS ABINGDON

Post  TweetTwoo Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:40 am

Hi,
Yes is the answer I read your post's.

The Rules - It states within the current rules that all alterations, deletions and additions need to be put forward for circulation to every team prior to an AGM to allow for feedback and further alterations where necessary.
The old rules were tired and in much need of a change to allow for like you said a better run league for the players as at the end of the day that’s why we are all out on a Mon/Tues evening.

New Rule 1D) Voting at the A.G.M and all Secretaries meetings shall be on the basis of one vote per team, if that team’s fails to attend their vote goes in favour of the committee

The rule is as follows: As all major/important league alterations and decisions for the forthcoming season will now be placed before every team prior to a meeting or AGM it will be that teams decision to then either turn up to a meeting and vote in person or go with the committee’s decision and not attend. Surely this is a more practical and efficient way of running the league to ensure every team gets the chance to be a part of what happens?

Previous meetings have had a poor turn out and there has been no nominated team representative which is something going forward the committee would like to address.

The League – The league length has not changed for as long as I can remember, this year is a strange one due to bank holidays and completion play offs but the dates are pretty much the same. Do you have any suggestions for going forward?

Competitions – It’s hard work trying to get a balance of which teams are in the competition, who’s showing the football, which pub can hold the amount of players adequately with good a board and playing conditions. At the end of the day no matter what decision we would have made someone would be unhappy.

Hope this helps with your uncertainty on a few things, if you would like to make an official objection to the new league rules we will need your name and team so we can make a log for the AGM and circulate to the teams.

Cheers Sarah
(Committee Competition Secretary) Wink

TweetTwoo

Back to top Go down