Abingdon District Darts League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The committee

2 posters

Go down

The committee Empty The committee

Post  171 out Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:10 am

I have looked at all that has been put on the web by people who are concerned about the darts league. It seems to me that the chairman & vice chairman dont give a toss what the players have to say & want to happen to the league. So is it time for the chairman & vice chairman to stand down and let other people take over the running of the league as the players want the league to be run? As whirlwind 180 has said the league is run for the players not the committee , so listen to what the players want to happen or stand down.Dont forget it was the players who put you in office in the first place

171 out

Back to top Go down

The committee Empty Re: The committee

Post  roundrobin Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 pm

If you had ever attended a meeting you will know that the committee was slaughtered for running the league by the book and was asked by the players that they should use their discretion then there are people like you who that always like to comment so there is no pleasing maybe if you new how much work is involved in running a league you would be a little more appreciative to those that give up there time so you can play darts on a Monday/Tuesday night

roundrobin

Back to top Go down

The committee Empty Re Roundrobin

Post  171 out Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Yes i have attended meetings and i can tell you the reason why the committee were slaughtered it was not for running the league by the book as you have said, it was the complete opposite they ran the league by their rules not the rules that the rest of the league had.I Agree that the committee should use their discretion but does this mean that the chairman can play in the pairs with someone from another pub as he did ?.Yes i know how much work goes into running a league but if you abide by the rules it should run smoothly. Yes i appreciate that the people on the committee give up their time & i know that it is a thankless job but they must want to do it?It cant be the £200 honorarium they get it must be the power that they get from being on the committee. It still boils down to the committee should run the league to how the players want it run.As whirlwind 180 has said the league is run for the dart players not the committee.

171 out

Back to top Go down

The committee Empty Re: The committee

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down