Abingdon District Darts League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bit of Fun - Favourite Spread.

3 posters

Go down

Bit of Fun - Favourite Spread. Empty Bit of Fun - Favourite Spread.

Post  Soulman Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 am

After all the recent comments I think its time to lighten up and have a bit of fun. Laughing

After a few sherberts on a Monday evening nothing goes down better than I nice bit of nosh, this also helps to keep the Tuesday morning hangover to a minimum!! I'm quite partial to a sarney or six as my teamates will confirm (some call me a pig ). So I thought we could have a vote on the best spread, no slating the food please because you all know that its free and the Publican's don't have to provide it. I'd like to thank them all personally for their provisions.

So here goes (I've only sampled Premier/Section A grub so no disrespect to the others).

In third place we have The Cross Keys, a very good selection of sarneys and the chips were delicious!! Very Happy

In second place, well this goes to the Boundary House. Cor blimey there was loads of it!! affraid Even I was was beaten.... tongue Massive baggettes, juicy sausages etc. I wish I hadn't any tea prior to going out!!

For me the winner has to be The Punchbowl. A slightly biased veiw some might say (I play for them)but I've put on a stone this season!! (nothing to do with the beer of course....). A nice wide variety of sarneys on white and brown bread, not to mention the chunky chips, curry sauce, fried onion rings and chicken legs. Plenty of it Very Happy , so you can have a real feast. But be warned, leave them cheese and onion sarneys well alone. They play havoc with me (trumpet trousers!!!) on Tuesdays and the Mrs gets really "cheesed off" (no pun intended). Thanks Linda for a great effort this year, looking forward to next season already (providing I can shift that stone over the summer). pig

Come to think of it The College Oak had a good spread too, mmmmm food for thought!

Come on then fella's lets hear your votes, maybe there could be prize to the winner Question Question

Soulman

Back to top Go down

Bit of Fun - Favourite Spread. Empty Re: Bit of Fun - Favourite Spread.

Post  Joe Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:09 am

I play in the Abingdon Pool league so I guess I could add my opinions of what I've experienced. The midget did a great selection the other night, loads of variety, but I have only played their once so not sure if its always like that and the few times I have been to the boundary house its been pretty good aswell.

I play at the tandem, which is usually pretty good, depends what they have left over from the restaurant etc, but usually pretty good.

Joe

Joe
Admin

https://gkaddl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colski38 Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:29 am

I have got to say even though it is my home venue that the stocks puts on one hell of a spread and the beers cheap to!!!!!!! Basketball

Colski38

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulman Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:49 am

Good point there Colski, also what I thought was brilliant is that the players could get the beer cheaper than the rest of the punters. What a shame some of the others can't do the same. Picking up on Kev's point how is it the Prince Of Wales can charge only £2.10 for a pint of Foster's whilst others much more. We all know about the Brewery Tap prices.....

Soulman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum