Abingdon District Darts League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food before end of game.

4 posters

Go down

Food before end of game. Empty Food before end of game.

Post  Benno. Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:49 am

Hi All.
We have played 2 games so far and I have noticed the food has been brought out half way through the doubles games . This totally takes the interest away from the darts ( Believe it or not ) and people were eating food while playing or scoring.
I would be interested to know if this is happenning else where. Neutral

Benno.

Back to top Go down

Food before end of game. Empty Re: Food before end of game.

Post  Jas1968 Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Benno .. yes mate it also happened to us at our away game on monday, the food was brought out half way through our match , so to be fair to everyone i told our lads to stop playing and eat the food as it was hot food and would have got cold. The home team wasnt too impressed we stopped but i think it was the fairest way. I can understand from the pubs point of veiw they dont want people cooking in their kitchen at 10.30 -11.00 at night .. the answer is just to have cold food and no cooked food i suppose ???
Thanks
Jas

Jas1968

Back to top Go down

Post  istanley24 Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:29 am

I suppose this is a problem for the pubs, as you say they won't want people in the kitchens working that late at night. Why not play the single matches, then have the food served, and then play the doubles after people have eaten? Not all pubs have this problem but for those that do this might be a solution? Those who don't mind playing whilst food is out can still carry on if both teams wish.

istanley24

Back to top Go down

Post  monkey_tennis Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:02 am

As my team play in the lower echalons of the league, its not uncommon for our games to still be going on to nearly midnight!!! The food coming out before the end in this instance is totally understandable, as no pub in the county will wait until this late to bring out food. Only cold food? Terrible suggestion, and incredibly lazy. Then again I do play for the Keys who provide the best food that anyone could wish for!! The suggestion to have food in the break between singles and pairs is a good one, and any bad darts that are thrown post-food can be blamed on greasy fingers!! Laughing

monkey_tennis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down