Abingdon District Darts League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE ABINGDON DARTS LEAGUE AGM

3 posters

Go down

THE ABINGDON DARTS LEAGUE AGM Empty THE ABINGDON DARTS LEAGUE AGM

Post  171 out Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:05 am

Well dart players the AGM is one day away, it's the time of year when you the players get to ask all those questions and see the committee try to avoid the answers.

1 Questions like why do you want to be on the committee ?
2 What will you bring to the committee ?
3 Can you do the job?
One of the questions that will be ask'ed is why has the chairmans son HAS got a free hand on the forum?
Players will ask Greg & Dave Thomas why the draw for the singles & pairs was already don? i can here Greg now ( we tryed something different but it did'nt work out i put my hands up to this, or we have to take this one on the chine)?.You say this every year Greg but you still do it.
A good committee is one that listens to their players & does what the players want not what the committee wants.
I see that the committee has stated that they want to bring in proposed rule amendments for 2012/13 season they don't look like amendments to me they look like a complete new set of rules ,, with the exception of that famous rule ( any item or rule not covered by these shall be referred to the committee, WHOSE DECISION IS FINAL.)And sorry the voting at AGMS & secretaries meetings shall be on a basis of one vote per team ,if that team fails to attend their vote goes IN FAVOUR OF THE COMMITTEE.
What has happened to we the committee are only looking after the league for YOU THE PLAYERS and run it how you would like it run, like it was in days past.
I see in the protests and disputes there is (NO) appeal system in place is this an oversight or was it just left out?
I see in the election of officers GREG THOMAS wants to be chairman why is this because the chairman has more power? & DAVE THOMAS wants to be fixture secretary but will he be the fixture secretary or will his son be doing the job for him as he has in the past, this is the thing
You have to ask yourself why do these people want to be on the committee surely they can't keep getting away with what they are doing ? make them accountable for their actions as this is your one and only chance. If the committee were doing their jobs properly there would'nt be a need for all of this on the forum and i see that the chairman has not been on the forum to defend his actions ? So people lets hope it can be sorted out tomorrow, DON'T BE AFAID TO SPEAK UP YOU CAN ONLY GET BANNED(JOKE)

171 out

Back to top Go down

THE ABINGDON DARTS LEAGUE AGM Empty Re: THE ABINGDON DARTS LEAGUE AGM

Post  Joe Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:01 am

So as I was being my usual helpful self I popped on to the forum to delete on the golf and bike spam. Sorry about that. Trying to keep up with blocking the accounts as there created. Then saw this post.

In answer to your first questions Im going to make a few things very clear. When the forum was created, it was not the committee that asked for it, nor did they really know what a forum was. The website was up and running and I suggested that a forum would be a good addition. Not really understanding the idea they didnt feel it was really needed but tellin them how successful the forum had become with the oxfordshire pool leagues they gave me the go ahead with me agreeing to deal with any problems.This is the reason it is my name attached to the forum. If you have a problem with that then I suggest you yourself get off the forum and leave it for the people that dont have a problem and just want to get on with things.

P.S. And Whirlwind, before you make your recurring point about how I shouldnt be on here, I will do just so when the present/new committee tell me to do so since they are the people running the league. Not you. And before you make a comment regarding me not running the league either, I dont. I just help out with the odd bits that the committee need help with and keep the forum clean and tidy for you all so there arent 20 threads of golfing spam which clutters up all the topics.

Peace

Joe
Admin

https://gkaddl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

THE ABINGDON DARTS LEAGUE AGM Empty DARTS ABINGDON

Post  whirlwind180 Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:52 am

to joe of course you can log on that is not my issue my issue is that you seem to be doing your dads job we need someone who can do what you are doing.why dont you stand for the commitee if you are that passionate.there is no position as admin on the commitee.apparently spartan offered to help the commitee out and was turned down.he is a computer whizz kid and he can do what you are doing.it seems to me that the present commitee have alot of family members or involvement by family members.the problem with this is the commitee need someone on the commitee who will stand up to them or put another point of view i believe sarah is trying .the only problem for her is that she is on her own .she needs someone on the commitee who is impartial .

whirlwind180

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:54 am

Well, I live in same house as my dad so he is generally next to me when I do somethin for him. We are not related to Greg btw.

Joe
Admin

https://gkaddl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down